Wednesday, May 12, 2010

books, books, and more books!

Whenever I finish an amazing book, all I want to do is tell people about it.
I was to discuss what happened in the book and express my feelings and opinions about it.
But, most of the time, I never have anyone to discuss it with.

So, I have decided to list off books from the top of my head that I loved and I think people should read. Okay, here we go:

1. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini then read A Thousand Splendid Suns
2. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
3. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
4. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (I would also recommend The Fountainhead as well but I personally enjoyed Atlas Shrugged a lot more.)
5. All of the books by Frank McCourt: Angela's Ashes, 'Tis, and Teacher Man
6. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
7. Any book by Kurt Vonnegut
8. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley scared the crap out of me but it's worth reading, trust me.
9. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and the rest of the series by Douglas Adams (guaranteed to make you laugh)
10. The Freedom Writers Diary - true stories written by students, a must read
11. Go Ask Alice
12. Don't forget the Harry Potter books!
13. Looking for Alaska by John Green
14. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
15. Anne Frank!
16. All of Dan Brown's books! - The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, and The Lost Symbol

That's all I've got for now, there's plenty more out there tho and more that I know I'm forgetting.
But, if you have read any of these, or eventually read these books, let me know. I would love to hear your thoughts. : ]


No comments:

Post a Comment