Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One year.

So, this will be a short but to the point blog.
I have a few things to say but don't have enough time to get into a lot of detail about them now.

1) It has officially been one year since Ryan and I started to date. The fact that one year went by so fast kind of scares me. Despite my paranoia of time, I am truly happy that I've spent the last year with Ryan as my significant other. I am very grateful to have found someone who isn't a jerkface (like guys I've liked in high school) and who loves me for who I am. Thank you Ryan, Happy One Year. : )

2) Ever since I have been in college, I think I have become angrier at the world. I have human being rage. It sounds odd, but I find myself being more and more pissed off at people. People who find the need to show off and be jerk faces. People who are self-centered, don't give a thought to the rest of the world, and people who need a huge slap in the face by reality itself. I'm not saying everyone sucks, there are a lot of decent people in the world. Sometimes it takes some sifting through to find decent people, but it's worth it. I am thankful to have wonderful, decent people in my life and when those bad eggs roll around, I'll try to not let them affect me too much.

3) Every day I question my future. I'm going to college to take pictures, I think that sounds so weird! Anyway, I'm always wondering if I am doing the right thing. While working with Jack Cole (a local studio photographer) I am finding out about how a lot of people don't find the need to get their pictures professionally taken anymore. Maybe it's just around that small, rural, area of Oneonta. Maybe if I go closer to a larger city to start a business in photography I can make a decent living for myself.
When I first decided to major in photography, I couldn't see myself doing anything else in my life. I was really determined, I still am. I just wonder if I can really make a future out of it. If now, what will I do? I have several things I want to do with photography, studio photography, photojournalism/documentary, and I can possibly be an adjunct photography professor. Every moment I worry about my future career and I have to stop that.

4) Sometimes, I wish I can go back in time to grab opportunities and chances while I could. For example, I should have stuck with playing in band while I could. In 5th grade, we were allowed to choose any instrument to play and I chose the flute. After the first few music lessons, I was already freaking out and didn't think I could proceed with the flute anymore, so I quit.
For one, I wish I picked a different instrument, like the trumpet and stuck with it.
Two, it could have helped me not be such a dumb butt when it comes to reading music. I really, really wish I learned how to read music when I was younger. Now when people try to teach me, I have a mental block. I absolutely can not understand it.
I also should have taken studio art in high school. I could have taken photography if I did that which would have given me a heads up if I wanted to pursue it as a career or not and maybe, just maybe, I could actually be decent at other forms of art too.

I think I'm done for now. I've got work in the morning, I am tired, and there are still music mixes to be made!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't read music to save my life until I started learning to play the clarinet. lol.

    ReplyDelete