Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teen Role Model?

I wanted to post a blog earlier, but I didn't really have anything to rant about until now.

My subject for tonight is Miley Cyrus.

When Hanna Montana first debuted on Disney Channel, my sister, Melanie, fell in love with it right away. It wasn't a horrible show, the music annoyed the crap out of me but at least it wasn't sending out the wrong message. After Melanie got a hold of the music, she blasted it all of the time. I hated it. I can not stand the sound of Miley Cyrus's voice.

One day, after ranting to my friend Anthony about how much I hated Miley Cyrus's music, he made a very good point. He said that at least kids and tweens are looking up to Miley rather than looking up to rappers who rap about sex, drugs, and clubs. I agreed with him and for once appreciated what Miley stood for. That was two years ago.

Now, Miley has become something that I don't want the younger generations looking up to at all. Despite the fact Miley still does her kids show, her music has gotten to a point where she's making herself look like every other wannabeamazingsinger in the music industry today. It sickens me.

She went from being a role model singing about living two lives to a teen slut singing about how much men she can get. How pathetic is that? She is younger than me, she shouldn't be singing about that crap. hah
I just don't understand, she was decent, I admit that now. Now she's just stupid.
I just showed Melanie her new music video and even she is disappointed! Go figure!

This wasn't even a really good rant, but at least I made my point.

I came up with this rant after watching this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment