Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've decided I want to be reincarnated into a bird.

Okay, at first, I had nothing to rant about until I saw one word.
Love.
And now I will explain to you what I think of that word and how it is also abused.

Love is something to cherish, it takes a long time to accomplish, it's a complicated thing, it's supposed to be an honest word, and it takes one second to abuse.
What annoys me is the people who use the word just to make their partner happy.
This instance could take place at any age.
Little 7th and 8th graders can be dating someone for a week and claim to love them.
Whenever I hear them mutter an, "I love you" to each other I know it's a lie. I know that they haven't been through enough in their lives to really understand love with someone that's outside of their family.

Love takes a while to understand, in fact, it's a hard thing to understand until you fully figure it out for yourself.
I believe that a lot of people use this word when they don't know what it means and abuse it in that way. I know this because I have experienced it before.
I once claimed I was in love in 10th grade, now I know it was a bunch of sillyness.
For one, I never saw this person I was dating and I was falling in love with the image of the person in my head, not the actual physical person that I actually didn't even know as well as I thought I did.
I was happy at the time, sure. I just had no idea what the flip I was doing.

After that incident, I had a habit of observing other people's relationships and figuring out what it would really be like to fall in love. But of course, I didn't know until love unexpectedly found me.
I think now that I have been though years and years of seeing relationships come and go, going through weird relationships myself, and not throwing myself and my feelings at every guy I ever liked, I have learned what love really is.
I took the time to appreciate what I have now and I am happy with the end results of my stubbornness in high school and what has happened to put me at this point in my life.

One piece of advice I will give is to not look for love, it will find you someday.
At first, I didn't want to believe that. I would always try to find someone to like and see if I can make a relationship work between us in my head and get to know the person before I decide if I actually like that person or not.
But no, that imagination of mine of an ideal relationship never worked. I never let love happen naturally and take it's course until last June.

To end this rant of mine, I shared a picture of what I believe is true love.
I found it on flickr and it makes me smile every time I see it. : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment