Saturday, April 17, 2010

I have become quite fond of Irish accents..


I have quite a bit to ramble about today.

First off, I finished the last of Frank McCourt's books yesterday.
Every time I picked up one of his books, I loved reading it more and more.
At first, I found myself having to get used to his writing style. For example he doesn't use quotation makes while someone is speaking and he rambles quite a bit. It didn't take long for me to get used to it and realize we kind of have a similar train of thought, as weird as that may sound.
We both tend to ramble a lot, question everything, and over think things.

I really enjoyed his series because I feel as if I watched him grow up with each book I read. I watched him grow up in Ireland, face America on his own, and eventually find himself as a teacher. I feel like he has a very accomplished life and he ended up writing a book, three for that matter, like he always wanted. I liked seeing him grow up to be content with his life and he found something to do with his life that he doesn't have to suffer through every day, he actually enjoys it. It might have taken him a while to enjoy it, but eventually it happened.
I would love to meet him.


Number 2.
Yesterday, I went with Michelle, Helena, and Brian to buy clothes for our soon to be made sitcom parody. On the way there, Helena blasted some Sum 41 songs and really got me thinking about when I was in a band and of course, it made me really really really miss it.
Ever since I got to college, I haven't been playing guitar as much as I used to. I'm busy a lot of the time, and other times I don't feel inspired like I used to. I feel as if I suck in general and I shouldn't even bother. But, there are those voices in my head, and yes one of them is Ryan's, telling me I don't suck and that I just need to practice.

I loved being in a band. I always picture myself playing along with songs on a stage and singing my heart out even thought I can't sing. I imagine a crowd cheering and singing along. It's one of the best feelings performing in front of people, really. Especially when they have as much energy as you do. Ahh, I really wish I went farther with my music. A lot of people suggested I go to college for it, I knew I couldn't do it though. I wish I put some effort into learning how to read music notes, practice a lot more, and actually write some songs.

Also, I saw the play "The Sound of Music" last night for the first time. It was amazing. I envied and admired everyone up there even the little actress who played the youngest daughter. I really am jealous of people who have been in musicals. I can never see myself doing what they do. But it looks like so much fun and a really great opportunity in general.
I need to get my motivation back.
Someone find it for me!

Number 3.
I walk funny. I've been told by at least 5 people now that I walk funny, that I look like I'm limping, or something else on those lines.
I don't know why, but I am extremely subconscience about my walking. When I purposely try not to look like an idiot in front of people, I tend to pay way to much attention to how I walk and end up looking stupid anyway. Maybe it's just the way I naturally walk. When I don't pay attention to it, I walk normally, or so I think.

bah.

Number 4.
I want to travel.
a lot.
I can't afford any of these traveling dreams I have, but I am really hoping it will happen someday.
I have this list of things I want to do before I die and a lot of traveling is on it.
I want to go to New Zealand, England, Ireland, Italy, Australia, etc.
I want to experience the world and see the different cultures, try weird food that doesn't have fish in it.
I want to take a million pictures, write stories, talk to people, everything.
Right now, I just want to get to NC to see family.
& I can't even do that.

I suppose I am done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment