Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hopeless Case

So basically, I have been listening to the song "Hopeless Case" by Less Than Jake so much that I am surprised I am not tired of it yet. Then again, it's not on the radio like most songs that happen to suck these days so I don't have a reason to get sick of it.

Hello, I'm Jenna.
This is my blog.
This is where I rant and ramble about life because I find that I type faster than I write.
I really want to start writing poetry again, so I may post some of those attempts, even though they might be horrible.
I like writing in full complete sentences with words that make sense. I will never write something like: OMGz i cnt believe tht u wud do tht! lolz!
No, that's just wrong, really. Sadly, that's how most teenagers talk online today. It really sickens me how technology has literally taken the brains of our youth and threw them to the zombies. Then again, most of us can't live without it.
Oh and sometimes I want to take away all the cell phones and ipods from people and see what would happen.


Okay, now for what's on my mind.

Let's find a definition for the words "best friend."

An Urban Dictionary Definition in just a few words:

A Best Friend is an appointed position by someone because they trust you. A "best friend" is someone who you regard as your brother or sister you never had. You will always fight with your best friend, but the best part is making up and sorting things to move on.

Okay, so that sums it up pretty well. But, here is my actual rant.
Throughout my lifetime, I went through a lot of "best friends." They came and went, that's just how it goes. Some moved to a different down, some just moved on. Because of all of these important people who have left my life and the ones who have decided to stay, I have realized the true qualities of a best friend and who fits those qualities today. Then I realized, sometimes those best friends we all have in high school, just don't stay with us our entire life. No matter how hard you try to hold on, it's just easier to let go. It might not be their fault either, they could be my fault. I know for sure I am losing a friend right now because I just don't feel the need to talk to her anymore. There are other friends who I strive to keep in contact with, but for some reason that I am unaware of, they just don't put as much effort into keeping contact with me. This thought saddens me and I have almost fully accepted that life and friends move on, it's just hard to let the memories go.

In college, I have made some friends that have already made such a huge impact on me and my life. I believe they are going to be some of the people I will have long lasting friendships with. College is a lot different from high school. In high school, there's a lot of bull crap. A lot of crap that goes on that really pisses people off and makes people really immature and hate each other. Although there are really immature people in college as well, I believe I happened to befriend some of the amazing people there.

As of for now, I am pretty content to list off the people in my head who have always been there, who haven't changed to the point of me hating them, and who I can see in my future aka my best friends. I will not list off the names of these people, but if they are reading this, they probably know who they are.

ohh, here's one of them





I'm done.



1 comment: