Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's about time...

It was my intention for a while to dedicate a blog to my boyfriend, Ryan.

Throughout high school, I went through my years of liking jerkfaces, boys who really didn't give a crap about me, and boys who lived too far away. I also had this bad habit of looking for someone to like. Bad idea. Once I stopped worrying about wanting a boyfriend, the unexpected happened.

The day after my high school career ended, is when Ryan and I discovered our liking for each other. We decided to date, but if things didn't work out, we agreed to still be friends. But, things did work out, very well I might add. Like turned into adore, adore turned into almost love, and almost love turned into, "I love you."

Ryan has become my best friend. He's someone I can vent to, laugh with, skip through parking lots with, attempt to bake with, cry with, randomly dance with, and he's someone who loves me for who I am. I couldn't ask for more.

Ryan's an amazing person, he just doesn't believe me when I tell him. He's very musically inclined and I believe he will make a wonderful music teacher someday. He's honest, trustworthy, and he speaks his mind. He treats me very well and I never feel like I am being controlled on our relationship. (unlike people who are in relationships that can't hang out, hug, or talk to other people without the other person complaining and getting jealous.)

I have seen plenty of relationships come and go, succeed and fail. By seeing those relationships, I have made a very long list of what I wanted my perfect relationship to be like.
Aside from the physical features like, nice hair, nice eyes, nice smile, taller than me (that's not hard to find :P). I wanted someone I can be myself around, even if I happen to be spastic at the time. I wanted someone who will like/love me for who I am and not mind my flaws. I wanted someone to be silly with me, dance with me. I wanted someone who had a similar taste in music and who possibly played an instrument. I wanted someone to be my best friend.
My list goes on for a while. But basically, the point I am trying to make is that I have found someone, (or rather we have found each other) who fits all of these things I wanted in a relationship and more.

I hate saying goodbye to him. I want each and every day we spend together to last a lifetime. I love hearing him laugh and seeing him smile. I love being in his arms and feeling like I belong there. I love feeling completely comfortable around him and not caring what I look like or act like.

I am glad to say, I am happy that I've waited this long to be in an actual relationship like this. I have learned from past mistakes what I really want in my life. I believe now that I am older, more mature, and kind of know where I am going with my life, I can handle a relationship a lot better rather than having a boyfriend in high school or junior high.

Oh, I could go on.
But to conclude, I love you Ryan.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment