Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The other day I was looking through some pictures from this place...




Tall Timbers is hard to explain. Their website claims that it's a "seasonal camping Resort Community" and it's located in NJ. To try to sum it up, it's a place that a lot of people go to from the city, PA, other places in NJ, etc to spend their summers. People can buy property there and set up trailers to live in. Theres jobs available, themed parties to go to, activities for the young ones, a pool, etc.
I know Tall Timbers may not sound like the best place to hang around all summer, but it's one of my favorite places to visit and maybe spend a week or a month there. hah.

Basically, my family grew up going to this place. My grandparents bought property when their children were quite young and it has been a place for my family to gather ever since.

While visiting over the years, I got to know my family pretty well. I also got to know the friends of my cousin and those some of people make up some of my really good friends today.

One summer, I decided to work there with my cousin, Jessica, and her friend, Alyssa. It was defiantly an experience to remember. In a matter of 6 weeks, we all went through laughing until we were all in pain, shaving cream fights, late night walks/swims, making new friends, playing random board games, drama, dressing up, river rafting, and so much more.

Sadly, since then it has changed. Rather, the people there have changed. Some people have just stopped visiting, others have just changed from over the years. I have always had this picture of Tall Timbers in my head of a place to escape from my life for a while. To let go of my worries and just try to have a good time. I believe it still is, just in a different way. I will still be excited to go there and see the familiar faces. I will still look forward to swinging on the swings with Jessica, staying up late and just sitting around with friends, Carly freaking out about the boys shes in like with, doing the time warp, and a lot more.

Tall Timbers still means a lot to me even though I only visited twice last summer.
I am really hoping my mom will let me go there by myself, I doubt it, but I can at least hope. I really miss the atmosphere there and the way I can see a lot of my favorite people at once.
I mean, I don't know how often my favorite people I am going to see though. I heard my aunt is selling her property. My grandparents are in NC now, who knows if they are coming back. But somehow, the rest of the family and friends there might make it work. Or so I hope.

It's hard to describe everything that has happened with Tall Timbers. I just know I wouldn't be the same without it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment